Your investment in hurricane impact resistant windows and doors is a very wise decision. Hurricane resistant impact windows and doors go through a series of rigorous tests. The objective of these tests is to ensure that the windows and doors, typically the weakest elements of a structure, do not compromise the home during a storm.
Hurricane impact resistant windows and doors are designed to resist the penetration of flying debris, thus protecting a structure from wind infiltration. The most severe hurricane damage to a structure is typically caused by penetrating a structure and allowing winds to enter, creating internal pressure that can cause structural damage. An impact product can only be classified as such after it has met the hurricane or wind-borne debris requirements, also known as hurricane codes, of an approved code body such as Miami-Dade, Florida Building or the International Building Code.
Six reasons why selecting impact windows and door choices makes sense:
- Impact resistant products increase the resale value of your property
- Impact products will lower your property insurance premiums in most instances
- Laminated impact glass reduces energy requirements for heating and cooling your property
- Laminated impact glass provides improved security against intruders
- Laminated glass eliminates up to 99% of UV ray damage to your interior furnishings
- Laminated impact glass reduces outside noise transmission into the interior of your home or property