Homeowners want light and openness in their bathrooms. Frameless glass shower enclosures maximize that openness and provide a modern, luxurious feel. Most fully frameless enclosures feature 3/8-inch to ½-inch glass … the thicker, the more luxurious. Benefits of frameless shower doors:
- Easier to maintain as the glass makes direct contact with your tile and eliminates corrosion that builds up on the metal track.
- Door can open to the inside as well as the outside.
- More desirable to new home buyers.
- More creative flexibility when matching your plumbing fixtures, et al.
Choosing a framed or frameless shower door may come down to a personal preference and what works with your budget and lifestyle. Benefits of a framed door:
- Normally not very expensive. (Usually framed with aluminum and using a thin tempered glass).
- Do a good job at retaining water due to all the overlaying metal.
- Work very well as steam enclosures.
- Frames can come in different painted enamel finishes as well as traditional metal finishes.
- Offer an incredible array of decorative glass options.